The Election Commission of India (ECI) recently launched the cVIGIL app as a tool to ensure fair elections. The name of the app is an acronym for Vigilant Citizens and is available for free on both Android and iOS devices. In this article, we will help you use this app to report MCC violations during 2022 elections. Meanwhile, you can also learn how to download your voter card as a PDF.
Also read | 3 ways to stay informed and informed on Twitter during elections in IndiaUse the cVIGIL app to report MCC violations in elections
This time, ECI has introduced a digital medium to fill the information transfer gap related to MCC violations in the form of the cVIGIL app. With this app, you can easily report dishonest activities that violate the MCC in your area by taking a picture, audio or video of the scenario through the app.
You can only take real-time photos or videos with the app and your location will be automatically shared with the ECI officials. If your report turns out to be correct, appropriate measures will be taken within a certain period of time.Steps to Use the cVIGIL App to Report MCC Violations
- Open Google Play Store or App Store and search for the cVIGIL app to install it.
- Provide the necessary app permissions for the app.
- Choose your preferred language and tap the Get started button.
- Please read the disclaimer carefully and tap the Next button to continue.
- Make sure Internet and GPS access are turned on on your device.
- Create your account here by entering your mobile number in the field and clicking the Send OTP button to receive the OTP message. You can also choose to anonymously report a photo or video to the Election Commission.
- To report a dishonest activity anonymously through the app, tap the Anonymous button on this page.
- If you have chosen to create your account on the app, you will need to fill in all your personal details. Tap the Verify Now button to create your account.
- Now on the main page you can choose from the available options i.e. Photo, Video or Audio to record it and send it directly to the ECI.
- Your location is instantly shared as soon as you tap one of the three available options.
- Tap the camera shutter button to capture. Click further on the check mark to send the data with the cVIGIL app. Keep in mind that you can only take real-time photos, videos, and audio with the app. For security reasons, you cannot choose pre-existing data on your device.
- After you file a complaint, you can track the status by tapping the Status option in the hamburger menu.
- If your complaint proves to be correct, appropriate action will be taken within the specified time frame and you will receive a performance in the app. This achievement will be visible to you in the options available on the hamburger menu.
Congratulations. You have now learned how to successfully report dishonest activity using the cVIGIL app.
We hope you learned how to use the cVIGIL app to report dishonest activity in your area in the upcoming elections. If you found this article informative, please hit the like button and share with your friends to raise awareness. Stay tuned for more reading.
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in