Google Fit gets a lot of new features every now and then. For Pixel users, the app offers the option to check heart rate using just the phones, and now this feature is also available for iOS. So now those who don’t have a smart wearable can check their heart rate and breathing rate on their iPhones using the app. In this article, we’ll take you through the steps of tracking heart rate on an iPhone using the Google Fit app.
Also read | 5 Best iPhone Features for a Healthy LifestyleTrack Heart Rate, Respiratory Rate on iPhone
Keep in mind that the ability to monitor heart rate and respiration rate hasn’t rolled out to all users yet, so you shouldn’t see this on your phone right away. However, you’ll get it soon via an update on the Google Fit app.Steps to Track Heart Rate on iPhone
1. Open the Google Fit app on your iPhone.
2. Tap three horizontal lines in the bottom menu. (Third icon from the beginning).
3. Now select “Vitals” from the list on the next page.
4. Tap “Get Started” under the Checking Your Heart Rate section.
5. Then follow the on-screen instructions and keep tapping “Next”.
6. Now Google Fit will ask your camera permission, tap “Allow” in the popup.
7. Once your camera is open in Google Fit, place your finger on the camera lens and hold it still.
You will get a message on the screen that the heart rate is being measured. If you move your finger or if another movement is detected, the message is displayed. Stay still and your heart rate will be measured. You can then save it by tapping “Save measurement”.Steps to Check Respiratory Rate on iPhone
1 Open the Google Fit app on your phone.
2. Tap on three horizontal lines again and select “Vitals”.
3. Now tap on “Get Started” here under Respiratory Rate Tracking.
4. Tap “Next” again when you see instructions on the screen.
5. Google Fit will now start measuring your respiratory rate by tracking your nose and chest movements. So make sure you appear in the camera according to the instructions.
6. You must position yourself in the camera and hold still while breathing normally as you do or you will not get a stable reading.
That is it. It will show your breathing rate once it is 100% complete. You can then save your data in the app.How does it work?
When you place your finger on your iPhone’s camera sensor, Google Fit tracks the incoming light into the sensor and measures heart rate through the blood flow in your fingertip.
Alternatively, you can also place your fingertip in front of a light source. Google Fit can then measure heart rate again by tracking changes in the color of your fingers through blood flow.
As for the breath rate feature, it works by tracking your breathing using the front camera of your phone when you hold it still in front of you with the chest area visible on the screen.
The app guides you to sit still if the breathing is not properly followed. The app detects subtle chest movements when you breathe and measures your breathing rate.
So, this is how you can measure and track your heart rate and respiratory rate on iPhone without a smartwatch or fitness tracker device. Stay tuned for more such tech tips!
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in