WhatsApp launched the disappearing messages feature in its app in November 2020. However, the time limit for sending such messages was set at 7 days. WhatsApp has now updated this feature and offers options to adjust this time limit according to the user’s preference. Follow this quick guide to learn how to set up disappearing messages in single and group chats with a custom timer. Meanwhile, you can also learn to schedule messages on WhatsApp.
Read also| Easy steps to book Uber Cab with WhatsApp on your phoneEnable disappearing messages with custom timer on WhatsAppEnable disappearing messages for all new chats
WhatsApp allows you to send self-destructing messages that disappear after a certain amount of time. With the new update, you can customize this timer for the disappearing messages for all your contacts. Follow these simple steps to enable this for all new chats in WhatsApp. This method will not affect the existing chat threads in WhatsApp.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Open Settings and tap Account.
- Tap Privacy and scroll down to find the Disappearing Messages section.
- In this section, tap the default message timer.
- Choose your favorite timer for disappearing messages. WhatsApp offers 3 timer options namely 24 hours, 7 days and 90 days.
- That is it. You have successfully enabled disappearing messages on your WhatsApp. Note that this method only allows for disappearing messages for all new chats after you make changes to the settings. All existing WhatsApp chats will remain unaffected.
If you’re wondering how to enable disappearing messages for existing chats, don’t worry. Follow these quick steps to enable self-destructing messages in your existing chat threads in WhatsApp.
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Find and open the chat thread in which you want to enable disappearing messages.
- Tap the profile name for the profile picture.
- Scroll down to find and open Disappearing Messages.
- Click Continue to set up disappearing messages.
- Choose and set your favorite message timer.
- That is it. You have enabled message disappearance for this existing chat.
- You can repeat the same procedure with all your existing chat threads in WhatsApp.
You can also enable the disappearing messages feature while creating a new group with your participants. Follow these steps to achieve the same on WhatsApp.
- Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of WhatsApp.
- Create a new group by tapping the New Group option in the list.
- Add participants to your group and continue to the next page.
- Give a name to your new group and tap Disappearing Messages.
- Choose your favorite disappearing message timer and tap the green check mark to finalize the changes.
- Congratulations. You have created a new group with the disappearing messages feature.
If you want to enable the self-destructing message feature for existing groups, you need to follow these quick steps to do the same in WhatsApp.
- Find and open the WhatsApp group in which you want to enable this feature.
- Tap the group name and scroll down to find Disappearing Messages.
- Choose and set your favorite timer for disappearing messages.
- Congratulations. You have successfully enabled disappearing messages in your existing WhatsApp group.
WhatsApp also offers the feature to mute chats and groups in its app. You can read this quick 2 minutes to learn how to mute chats and groups on WhatsApp.To block
So that’s a solution to create and set custom timer for messages disappearing in single and group chats on WhatsApp. If this article helped you create your personalized self-destructing messages on WhatsApp, please click the Like button and share it with your friends too. Stay tuned for more informative articles like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in