The internet, especially YouTube, is full of a variety of content from different sources. To prevent your loved ones from viewing questionable/inappropriate content, you should enable parental controls for them. In this article, you will learn 5 ways to set parental controls on YouTube. You can also learn to stop Autoplay videos on YouTube.
Read also| 5 Ways to Fix YouTube Audio and Video Out of Sync on AndroidWays to set up parental controls on YouTube in 2022Use Restricted Mode to Filter YouTube Content
YouTube provides you with the feature to filter and restrict potentially mature content using Restricted Mode. Follow these steps to enable this on YouTube.Enable Restricted YouTube Mode on PC
- Open YouTube in your web browser and log in to the account in which you want to enable this feature.
- Click the profile icon in the top right corner of the window.
- Scroll down to find Restricted Mode and click on it.
- Turn on the switch for Activate Restricted Mode.
- Open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- Open Settings and tap General.
- Scroll down to find Restricted Mode and enable it.
YouTube launched the YouTube kids app for both Android and iOS devices to provide children with a simple and safer environment while using the app. With this app, kids can watch their favorite shows, listen to music and even start learning by watching different kids projects. In this way you can guarantee the safety of your child using this app. Follow these simple steps to install this application.
- The YouTube Kids app is available on both Android and iOS platforms. If you are using an Android phone, you can install the YouTube kids app from the Google Play Store. For iOS devices, you need to search for YouTube kids in the Appstore.
- Open the app and tap the I’m a parent button to set up the app for your kids.
- login with your account to use this app as a parent and create profiles for your kids.
- After you create separate profiles for your kids, you can access each profile directly by tapping it.
Google offers the Family Link feature that allows parents to stay informed while their child or teen explores on their Android device. Parents can use this feature to create a Family Link account and create profiles for their children. You can also ensure the safety of your loved ones by checking out Google’s Safety Center.
Once the sign up is complete, kids can sign in to their respective accounts to explore the web and YouTube. Parents can now use the Family Link app to keep an eye on their child’s screen time and the content they watch. Follow this comprehensive guide from Google to set up the Family link for your kids to ensure their safety from inappropriate content.Install Google Chrome extension to filter YouTube content
Google Chrome also offers several browser extensions that help filter content on the YouTube website. One such extension is Safer YouTube UI for Kids, which hides certain sections on the YouTube website such as suggestions and related content to prevent the visibility of questionable content. Follow these steps to enable parental controls with this extension on YouTube.
- Open the Chrome web store and search for the Safer YouTube UI for kids extension to install it.
- Click the Add to Chrome button to install the extension in your Chrome web browser.
- Now open YouTube in a new tab in your Google Chrome web browser.
- You will notice that the page has been cropped to show only the essential features and that all other extra features that could lead to inappropriate content are hidden.
If you’ve learned how to enable parental controls on YouTube, it’s time to check out Google’s SafeSearch feature. This feature allows you to hide explicit content on Google Search. Follow these steps to activate this on your child’s Google Account.
- Open Google Chrome in your web browser and sign in to your Google account.
- In a new tab, open Google SafeSearch settings.
- Turn on the switch for the explicit results filter.
That’s the end of the five ways to set up parental controls on YouTube. If this article helped you protect your loved ones from watching inappropriate content on YouTube, please click the Like button and share this helpful guide with your friends. As always, stay tuned for more informative How-To’s.
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in