With iOS 15, Apple introduced several new changes and improvements to the default apps. Safari browser also got many new features, including the ability to customize the homepage. As of now, Safari’s homepage has not been so useful to users, especially those who have used Chrome and other browsers. So, here are five ways you can customize the Safari homepage on your iPhone.
Also read | 11 Best iOS 15 Hidden Features, Tips and Tricks You Should KnowWays to Customize Safari Homepage on iPhone
If you changed Safari’s default browser due to lack of customizations, read this article to the end to learn how to customize the homepage and set your preferences now.Add or remove items
You can now remove stuff from the Safari homepage if you find it inconvenient. If you want to add something new, such as Reading List or Privacy Report, you can add it now. Here’s how:
1. Open Safari on your iPhone.
2. Now tap Edit at the bottom.
3. On the next page, you can enable or disable switches next to features you don’t want or want on your home page.Change background image
You can now also change the background image on the Safari homepage. You can even distinguish your own custom image from the ones already given. You can change this as follows:
1. Open Safari and tap Edit at the bottom.
2. On the next page, turn on the switch next to the background image.
3. You will see some preloaded background images and only the ones you like.
You can also select your own image by tapping the + icon.Change default search engine
In Safari, Apple uses Google as the default search engine. If you’re not comfortable with Google collecting your data, you can switch to a more privacy-focused engine like DuckDuckGo. In Safari, do the following:
1. Open Settings and select Safari after scrolling.
2. Now tap Search Engine.
3. Here you can change your favorite search engine by tapping on it.
That is it. If you don’t find the new search engine very useful now, you can switch back to Google from the same settings.Enable website tinting
Website Tinting is a new feature in iOS 15 and it changes the interface around the tabs and navigation in Safari to match the color of the website you are visiting. To enable Tinting in your Safari, follow these steps:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now go to Safari and scroll down until you see the Tabs section.
3. Here you can turn on the switch next to “Allow Website Tinting”.
That is it. Now when you open a website, you will see that the tab and navigation area are the same color as the website theme. You can disable the feature at any time by following the same steps.Add and manage extensions
iOS 15 also supports extensions for Safari. So you can now install third-party web extensions on your browser’s homepage to improve your experience. To add or manage Safari extensions, do the following:
1. Go to the App Store and install the desired web extension.
2. Now go to Safari Settings through the Settings app.
3. Tap here on Extension. On the next page, turn on the switch for the extension you want to use in the list.
4. After enabling the extension, you can also choose websites for the extension to work and other permissions.
5. When you open a website, the extensions button appears in the tab bar.
You can also tap the “Aa” button next to the extension button and then choose “Manage Extensions”.
So this is how you can customize Safari homepage on your iPhone with the latest iOS version. Stay tuned for more iOS tips and tricks!
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in