Apple introduced its Airtags back in April and it has since become a popular accessory for Apple users. The item tracker uses a Bluetooth chip to track items to which it is attached, such as keys and bags, using Apple’s Find My app. If you already have one, you’ve probably had a problem that it keeps ringing for no reason. So, in this article, I’ll tell you how to fix the Airtag issue.
Also read | 7 Ways to Fix iPhone Hotspot Turns Off AutomaticallyWays to fix Airtag keeps beeping
There could be many reasons why your Airtags keep beeping even if you don’t move or track an item. Some of these reasons could be that you have the “Play Sound” feature turned on or that the security alerts are turned on. Here we will tell you ways to solve these problems.Disable Item Security Alerts
As you know, an Airtag is for article tracking, so when you add it to any of your articles, the Article Security Alerts feature is enabled by default in the Find My app. If your Airtag continues to make unnecessary noise, you can disable this feature. Here’s how:
1. Open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Now go to the Me tab in the lower right corner.
3. On this page, turn off the Item Safety Alerts switch.
4. When a confirmation pop-up appears, tap Disable.
Now your Airtag will not beep even when you move it. However, keep in mind that this feature is for the safety of your item, and if you disable the feature, others may be able to track you without you knowing.Remove and reconnect Airtag
Another way to fix the Airtag sound issue is to remove it from your Find My app and then set it up as a new tracker again. Here’s how:
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the Items section and tap the item name that Airtag is associated with.
- Swipe up until you see the Delete Item option.
- Tap it and tap Delete to confirm and then tap Delete again.
After that, close the Find My app and bring the AirTag next to your iPhone. When you see the Connect animation with Airtag, tap it to re-pair it with your iPhone.Reset Airtag
If uninstalling and reconnecting doesn’t fix the problem, you can also try resetting the Airtag. Here’s how to reset your Airtag and then reconnect:
- To reset an Airtag, you need to remove the battery. To do this, press the stainless steel lid of your AirTag and turn it counterclockwise until it stops rotating.
- Remove the cover and take out the battery.
- Repeat this process (remove battery) a total of 5 times.
- When the AirTag plays a different sound after the 5th time, the reset is complete.
After that, you can reconnect it to your item via the Find My app. And this can solve the unnecessary beeping problem.Update the firmware
Apple has also released a firmware update for Airtags to fix the issue of Airtag sound playing unnecessarily. So if nothing else works, the only way to fix this problem permanently is to update your Airtag to the latest firmware.
Note, however, that there is no option to update the AirTag. It happens over the air when the Airtag is connected. So, to make sure the update comes to your Airtag, keep your AirTag within range of your iPhone and keep your phone connected to the internet.
We hope that using the above-mentioned methods will help you fix the Airtag issue on your iPhone or iPad. Stay tuned for more such tutorials and guides!
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in