The Government of India passed the 2021 Election Laws (Amendment Act) on Monday, December 20, 2021. With this new law, Indian citizens are now required to link their voter ID cards to Aadhaar cards. In this tutorial, I will walk you through the easy steps to link your voter ID card to your Aadhaar card online.
Also read | 2 Easy Ways to Link Your PAN Card to Aadhaar Card OnlineWays to Link Your Voter ID Card to Aadhaar Card
You can link your Aadhaar card to your voter card in three ways. One is the NVSP (National Voter Service Portal), the other is to send SMS or phone call, and the third is by visiting the nearby state-level officer.Via NVSP website
Here we work out how you can link these documents online via the NVSP portal:
1. Go to the NVSP website on your PC.
2. Log in here with your mobile number or email address and password. If you do not have an account on NVSP, you can also register.
3. After logging in, click on “Search by Electoral List” and enter your state, district, constituency and personal information including name and father’s name.
Alternatively, you can also search using your voter ID number.
4. Now enter the captcha and click on the search button. Your voter ID information will be displayed on the screen. Click on “All details”.
5. On the next page, click on the ‘Feed Aadhaar No’ option on the right side of the screen.
6. A pop-up will open and you can fill in the same name as on Aadhaar card, Aadhaar number, voter ID number and registered mobile number.
7. Click on the send button after filling in this information.
That’s all. You will see a message on the screen that your application to match Aadhaar and Voter ID has been successfully registered.By sending SMS
You can also link your Voters ID card to your Aadhaar card by sending an SMS to your registered number. Write the SMS in the following format:
You can also link the voter ID card to Aadhaar by calling the special number set by the government. You can call 1950 on weekdays between 10am and 5pm and provide your Voter ID and Aadhaar card details to complete the pairing.Through stand-level officers
Finally, your Aadhaar card and voter ID card can also be linked offline. You can do this by submitting an application to your respective Booth Level Officer (BLO).
Alternatively, Aadhaar e-Seva Centers, as well as Voter Facilitation Centers, will also conduct a survey to collect this data which can be used to link Aadhaar and Voter ID. You can contact your local polling station for more information about these surveys.Check Aadhaar Voter ID Link Status
After applying to link your Voter ID and Aadhaar Card, you can check the status again online on the NVSP website. These are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the NVSP website.
2. Click on “Track Application Status”.
3. On the next page, enter your reference ID which will be sent to your phone number and click on “Track Status”.
4. After entering, you will see a notification that the registered application is pending.
5. If it is successful, you can also go to the official UIDAI website to check if your Aadhaar card is associated with a voter ID.
These were the ways you can link your voter ID card to your Aadhaar card without any hassle. If you’re having trouble pairing these two, let us know in the comments below!
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in