We are all familiar with using and editing CSV files on our PC or Mac in our daily life. But what if I told you that you can easily view and edit these files using just your Android phone, just like you edit PDFs? Yes, you heard that right. In this article, we will show you 3 ways to easily open and edit CSV files on your Android phone.
Read also| 3 ways to add stamp, logo, text and signature to camera photosWays to open and edit CSV files on Android phone
The Android operating system offers plenty of free third-party apps that you can use to easily view and edit a CSV file from your phone. We’ve picked 3 such apps to help you do that.Use the CSV Editor app to view and edit CSV files
CSV Editor is a simple, free to use Android app that makes it easy to open and edit CSV files on your device. Follow these simple steps to install and use this app.
- Open Google Play Store, search for CSV Editor and install it.
- Give the necessary file access permissions to the app.
- Tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- Press File and choose Open.
- Browse the CSV file and tap it to open it in the app.
- To edit a cell value, tap on it and the editor will open.
- Edit the cell value and tap the next arrow to save the edited value in the cell.
- Tap the Save icon in the top toolbar to save the file with the changes you made.
- Congratulations. You have successfully edited and saved your CSV file.
CSV Viewer App is a complete Android app to deal with all CSV files. With this app you can even write and read data codes for designing tables. It also offers extensive functions such as data analysis and graphs to perform calculations. Follow these simple steps to read and edit your CSV file with this app from your phone.
- Open Google Play Store, search for the CSV Viewer app and install it.
- Specify the necessary access rights for the app.
- Tap the CSV Files button to browse all CSV files on your device.
- Find your file and tap it.
- Tap a cell to edit it.
- When you’re done editing, tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the app screen and hit Save.
- Congratulations. You have successfully edited the CSV file and saved it to your device.
If you prefer to use MS-Excel to edit sheets and CSV files on PC, you can install the app on your Android device and use it to do the same. Follow these simple steps to open, edit, and view CSV files with the official Microsoft Excel app.
- Open Google Play Store, search for Microsoft Excel: Spreadsheet app and install it.
- Provide the necessary access rights and sign in to the app if you already use a Microsoft account.
- You can also choose to try this app without signing in by tapping Continue without signing in while setting up the app.
- Tap Open in the bottom toolbar to browse and select your CSV file and then tap This Device to access the device files.
- The app opens the file just like an Excel sheet on a PC.
- Tap a cell to edit and rate.
- To store the edited value in a cell, tap the green checkmark.
- After you finish editing, tap the save icon in the top toolbar to save the file to your device.
- That is it. You have successfully edited and saved changes to your CSV file using the app.
You can also use the official Google Sheets app to view and edit your CSV files directly. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Install the Google Sheets app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap the folder icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Device Storage and select your CSV file.
- Your file will immediately load into Google Sheets.
- Tap a cell in the sheet to edit it and make your changes.
- After you are done making changes, tap the three dots icon in the top right corner of the app screen.
- Tap Share & Export and choose Save As from the menu.
- Choose your preferred format and decide whether to save it on your device or online in the Google cloud.
- That is it. You have edited and saved your CSV file using Google Sheets.
So that’s a wrap for the 3 ways to open and edit CSV files on Android phone. If this article helped you achieve the same, hit the Like button and share it with your friends to increase their productivity. As always, stay tuned for more informative articles like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in