PDF is one of the safest and most reliable file formats to share your work with people. You can even increase security by encrypting it with a password to prevent unauthorized access. In this article, you will learn 3 effective ways to password protect your PDF file for free. To make it more convenient for sharing, you can also compress PDF files online.
Read also| 5 Ways to Convert a PDF to Google DocsWays to protect PDF files with passwords for freeUsing Microsoft Office’s Built-in Tools
You can create and secure your own PDF file using Microsoft’s built-in features that come pre-installed with the Office Suite. Using Microsoft Word, you can create a PDF file and encrypt it by adding a password. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open Microsoft Word on your PC and create a blank document file.
- Enter your desired data here and save it by clicking the File button and choosing Save As.
- Select the desired destination to save the file and click the Save as type option to display the list of file formats.
- Choose PDF format.
- Click the Options button and check to encrypt the document with a password and click OK.
- Enter your desired password to protect the PDF file and click OK.
- Click the Save button to save this encrypted PDF file.
There are many reliable third-party tools designed for Windows to encrypt your PDF file with a password for free. One such effective tool is known as PDFEncrypt. Using this tool, you can easily secure your PDF file by setting your own password. This is an offline tool, so you don’t have to worry about data leaks. Follow these steps to do the same.
- Open PDFEncrypt on your Windows system and download the installer.
- Install the app by following the installation wizard.
- Open the app in your system.
- You will see a window asking for the source, destination and password to encrypt the file.
- In the Source section, click the three-dot icon to select the PDF file you want to encrypt.
- You can set your encrypted file destination according to your preferred preference. By default, the path remains the same.
- Enter the password you want to use to secure your PDF file.
- Click the Encrypt button to encrypt the PDF file.
- This tool also offers a variety of options through Settings while encrypting the file, such as choosing your own set of permissions for actions that can be performed on the encrypted PDF file.
- That is it. You have password protected your PDF file.
Another most effective and trusted way to encrypt your PDF file is to secure it online using the Adobe Acrobat website. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same.
- Open Incognito Mode in your web browser and go to the Adobe Acrobat PDF Password Protect website. We use incognito mode to avoid login popups that usually appear after the download page is generated.
- Click Select a file to open the desired PDF file that you want to encrypt.
- On the next page, enter a strong password that will be used to encrypt the PDF file.
- Click the Set Password button.
- Click the Download button to download the encrypted PDF file.
- That is it. You have successfully encrypted your PDF file.
You can also protect and secure your important PDF files using free third-party Android apps such as PDF Tools. Follow these simple steps to learn to do the same.
- Open Google Play Store, search for PDF Tools app and install it.
- Give the necessary file access permissions to the app.
- Scroll down to find Lock PDF and tap it.
- Tap the Select PDF Files button to browse and choose the PDF file you want to encrypt.
- Enter the password to encrypt this file and tap the check mark in the lower right corner of the app window.
- Congratulations. You have successfully encrypted your PDF file. You will be prompted to enter a password when you open this encrypted PDF file.
So that’s a wrap for the 3 ways to protect PDF files with passwords for free. If this article helped you encrypt and secure your PDF file, please click the Like button and share it with your friends to help them with file security. As always, stay tuned for more informative articles like this one.
You can also follow us for instant tech news on Google News or for tips and tricks, smartphone and gadget reviews, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos on the GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.
Stay tuned for more such real estate news and updates at zavalinka.in